Strawberry Shortcake

Sunday, June 18, 2017

I've been hungry for a summery dessert, and this is just the ticket!   Strawberries are finally in season, so what better time to make a strawberry dessert? 

This recipe is the one that my mom always makes for my dad.   One of my favorite gifts from my bridal shower a few years ago was a recipe book she made me of all her best recipes!   She also made one for my sister and sister-in-law!    It's so nice to have all of these recipes on hand.    This one is great because not only is it easy to make, it is also pretty quick to make!

Ingredients:
2 cups flour
2 tablespoons sugar
3 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup milk
1/3 cup margarine, melted

Preheat your oven to 450 degrees.   Mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.   Stir in milk and margarine.    Put this mixture in a 9 x 9 square pan (it should look more like biscuit mix than cake batter).   Bake for 12 minutes or until golden brown.








Easy peasy!    I usually wash and slice my strawberries, then use a potato masher to make a topping.  If you had a strawberry syrup recipe, that would also be excellent.    I think this would also be good with peaches!    Slice a piece, add some fruit topping, and maybe some whipped cream!    Let me know if you try this out!

Happy Summer!



Chelsey

No comments :

Post a Comment

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs