Five on Friday!

Friday, June 2, 2017

Happy Friday, friends!   It's been quite awhile since I've done a Five on Friday.  This has only been a three day week at work for me, but I'm ready for the weekend already!   Hoping we can get some things done around the house and possibly go to the lake or zoo on Sunday!     Here's a rundown of what's been going on lately!

1.  Memorial Day Weekend!    My parents were camping at Maumee Bay State Park, on the shores of Lake Erie in Ohio!    They got a camper a few years ago and go quite a few places during the summer, especially the long holiday weekends.   We went up to eat dinner and visit on Saturday night and had a lot of fun!    We made pie iron sandwiches for dinner, and then hung out around the fire.







2.   We've had our house for about six years now, and are finally getting around to sprucing up the backyard.   I don't have a green thumb at all (example:  I've killed hanging plants before), so I'm looking for something low maintenance to plant back there!   I keep coming across hostas, knockout roses, and hydrangeas!    Someday I'd love to add a hammock or figure out how to do a simple garden back there!

Wouldn't this be a great spot for a little koi pond?

There's a really neat wooden canopy (?) under here that would be fun to use!



3.   Can anyone recommend a simple class on getting good photos for your blog?   All I have right now is a simple point-and-shoot camera, and don't have any current plans to upgrade.  I'm looking for an online class or even YouTube videos to help me get those crisp, bright photos that everyone seems to know how to take!!

4.  Another recommendation I'm looking for is a dishwasher!    As I said before, we've had our house for six years now, and we have to do our dishes by hand.  I'm looking for something relatively quiet, top controls (because toddlers), a hard food disposer, and maybe the ability to just wash the top or bottom rack.   I always thought I'd want black appliances, but now I'm gravitating towards the stainless steel.  Bonus points if you can get it in the smudge proof!   

Frigidaire Dishwasher @ Home Depot

5.  I'm late to the party, but did anyone catch the made for tv version of Dirty Dancing??   I honestly thought the majority of it was terrible.   They didn't cast the right actors and actresses, and frankly, you can never remake the original!    Some parts were kind of interesting....I liked Sarah Hyland as Lisa, but I thought most of the characters were awkward.  What are your thoughts?

Dirty Dancing 2017


And that's a wrap!   What are you all up to this weekend?   Hopefully some fun, summery activites!    I'm hoping to also catch up on some blogging this weekend.    I've fallen behind on writing blog posts and also reading others!  

Until next time,

Chelsey



I'm linking up this week with ChristinaNatasha, and April!



No comments :

Post a Comment

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs